Welcome to PYMA
Phakamani Young Minds Academy believes in each child’s potential, regardless of their family circumstances. We want every student to do the best that they can, for only with a solid foundation in education, can our students pursue limitless opportunities.
Phakamani Young Minds Academy has been active since the 3 rd February 2014 with only thirteen (13) members with the aim to gather children from different schools around Freedom Park and educate them based on life skills, dance, music and poetry. We then realized that most of our students were performing poorly academically.
Students in disadvantaged communities such as Freedom Park and who attend public schools come with more learning challenges than ever before such as reading and writing, answering comprehensions and doing research projects. After a community survey we had 75% of children between the ages of 7 to 19 years in primary and post primary school who would go to schools with incomplete assignments and home-work and teachers having challenges with late submissions. The trend has shown no sign of improvement. Change in curriculum has affected communities in a way that parents and guardians are unable to support their children academically because they don’t understand the concept of work covered in classrooms.
Mr Bokang Mokoena a former 2013 matriculate at Eldomain High School decided to implement an after school tutoring where we supervise all learners with homework’s and other schoolwork tasks they find challenging. Currently we have two hundred and twenty (220) students as follows:
- 50 learners between grade 1 to 3 (Foundation Phase)
- 55 learners between grade 4 to 6 (Intermediate Phase)
- Provide a positive experience and opportunities for every student to improve their mathematics and science skills and build self-esteem
- Deliver customized educational programmes designed to build the foundation of our students future success by helping them become independent learners
- Be supported by highly-qualified team of professionals who understand and meet the needs of each student
- Help all our students achieve their personal education goals and careers
- 40 learners between grade 7 to 9 (Senior Phase)
- 75 learners between grade 10 to 12 (FET Phase)
Our mission is providing comprehensive, individually focused learning that prepares students of all ages for academic and life success, based upon their unique needs and goals.
- Supplementary Tutoring
- Support Programme
- Extra Mural Activities
We determine our services based on the needs of our students and community, always striving to exceed their expectations
We strive for “best during tutoring” in everything we do
We seek creative ideas and new ways of thinking to grow and improve our organisation
We believe in complete honesty in our interactions with each other, our students, professionals and shareholders. We keep our promises and fulfil our commitments
We value all people, treating them with dignity at all times
We develop ongoing communication within our organisation and between our professionals and stallholders in order to build relationships and gain knowledge on how to grow and improve our programmes.
We believe in the importance of self-development for each person in order to grow our organisation. Each staff/voluntary member